Unrivaled lawn care service. Better products. Real Results.
With many years in business, you could say we know a thing or two about superior lawn care. And although practices have evolved, our philosophy has stayed the same - to provide unrivaled customer service using the best products and equipment. Our licensed professionals are expertly trained to understand your lawn, give you trustworthy lawn care advice and service, just like a best friend would.
- Reliable, trusted and locally owned
- Unlimited service calls
- Online account management
- Results driven custom programs
Your dedicated Weed Man Halifax Team:
- David Thompson, Owner
- Andrew Foster, Operations Manager
- Melody Bourgeois , Office Manager
- Jennifer Briggs, Controller
- Gordon Slaunwhite, Customer Service Manager
- Bev Book, Sales Representative
- Lori Tucker- Administration
- Jackie Deveaux - Administration
- Lorraine Stone- Administration
- Chris Lauzon, Technician
- Chris Mosher, Technician
- Kyle Wagner, Technician
- Nick Jennex, Technician
- Nick Summerfeld, Technician
Why Choose Weed Man Halifax
Reasons why you should choose Weed Man Halifax as your lawn care provider:
- Experience/Expertise – Weed Man Halifax has been in business for 35 years, and during that time our staff have looked after over 50,000 lawns. Weed Man Halifax’s licensed, trained professional technicians have decades of lawn care experience.
- Customer Service – Unlike most of our competitors, Weed Man Halifax offers a 48 hour customer service guarantee. Weed Man Halifax stands behind its work and offers no charge reapplications if there are any problems with the services we deliver.
- Word of Mouth – In a recent customer survey, over 95% of our customers told us they would recommend Weed Man Maritimes to their friends and family for their lawn care needs.
- Latest Products – Weed Man Halifax offers its customers the latest in products and technology. For example, Weed Man Halifax offers a fertilizer blend that is 50% longer lasting and 50% higher in nutrients than the competition, all at no extra cost to our customers.
- Superior Results – Weed Man Halifax is constantly fine tuning our products, procedures and services to provide our customers with the best results possible.
- Value – The old adage “You get what you pay for” holds true in lawn care. Some of our competitors may be cheaper, but Weed Man Halifax offers the best value for your hard earned dollar. Weed Man Halifax offers best in class products, expertise and customer service, and we stand behind our work.
- Trusted – Weed Man Halifax is an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau and is proud to have earned their A+ rating.
Weed Man Halifax is part of the Greenpoint Group, which operates five Weed Man franchises around the Maritimes. Weed Man Maritimes has been owned and operated by the Thompson family since 1992. David Thompson took over operation of Weed Man Maritimes from his father in 2008. The Thompson family has been in the lawn care business for over 25 years and is proud to have looked after thousands of customers and their lawns in the Maritimes. They are also proud to have provided employment to hundreds of Maritimers in their local communities. Over the years the business has grown from 8 to over 50 employees. Our Weed Man operations include: Halifax, Kentville, Truro, New Glasgow, Antigonish, Amherst, Moncton, Miramichi/Bathurst, Saint John, Fredericton and all of PEI.
Weed Man Maritimes has always strived to be a leader in our industry and in the business community generally. We are members of Landscape Nova Scotia and Landscape New Brunswick/PEI. Our New Brunswick operations are fully accredited under the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program. Weed Man Maritimes are also members of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB).
Our Commitment to Community
Weed Man Maritimes has always recognized the importance of giving back to our community. Weed Man Maritimes has sponsored basketball, baseball, car racing and hockey teams. We’ve also sponsored many different community organizations across the Maritimes – including the IWK Hospital in Halifax, the Dartmouth General Hospital, the Sussex Rotary Club, the Wolfville Rotary Club and worthy organizations in many communities in between. In the last few years, Weed Man Maritimes has been a big supporter of Margaret’s House, a soup kitchen in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Weed Man Maritimes’ staff have served as volunteers, we sponsored their annual fundraising dinner, and we put up Christmas lights for the holiday season at their house in downtown Dartmouth. Many of our staff participate in the decorating and really enjoy the chance to brighten the holidays for people in need.