Our Commitment to Privacy
For this policy when Turf Management Systems Inc. is mentioned, it includes affiliated Weed Man Franchises.
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way Turf Management Systems Inc. conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to Turf Management Systems Inc.’s daily operations.
Turf Management Systems Inc. strives to protect and respect personal information of its customers, employees, business partners, and so on in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of Turf Management Systems Inc. must abide by this organization’s procedures and practices when handling personal information.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, social insurance/security number, nationality, gender, health history, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, opinions, and personal views.
Business information is defined as business name, business address, business telephone number, name(s) of owner(s), executive officer(s), and director(s), job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing Turf Management Systems Inc. to collect, use, and disclose the individual’s personal information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
- Implied consent is granted by the individual when he/she signs the application or form. This allows Turf Management Systems Inc. to obtain or verify information from third parties (such as banks, credit bureaus, lenders, or insurance companies) in the process of assessing the eligibility of an individual, customer, client, job applicant, or business partner.
Turf Management Systems Inc. collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers. Turf Management Systems Inc. hereby asserts that personal information will only be used for the purposes of billing and marketing.
- Turf Management Systems Inc. assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control. This organization has appointed Mike Pocrnic as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
- Turf Management Systems Inc. obtains personal information directly from the individual to which the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how Turf Management Systems Inc. uses personal information and this organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. Turf Management Systems Inc. will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. Turf Management Systems Inc. will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- Turf Management Systems Inc. will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- Turf Management Systems Inc. vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. Turf Management Systems Inc. maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of Turf Management Systems Inc. who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- Turf Management Systems Inc.’s computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or “snooping” by sufficient software solutions.
- Personal information is not transferred to volunteers, summer students, interns, or other non-paid staff by e-mail or any other electronic format.