WEED MAN MARITIMES COMMUNITY SPONSORSHIP CONTEST
Weed Man Maritimes has a long history of supporting community groups and organizations in the communities in which its employees live, work and play. We have supported groups as diverse as the Dartmouth Book Awards, Margaret’s House, the Halifax Theatre for Young People, the Wolfville Rotary Club, the Sussex Rotary Club, many minor hockey, basketball and baseball teams.
Weed Man Maritimes is pleased to hold its community sponsorship contest, #WEEDMANCARES, again for 2018.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Time Frame: The Contest runs from March 1, 2018 until June 30, 2018. All entries received before midnight June 30 that are otherwise eligible will be entered in the draw.
2. Prizes: Weed Man Maritimes is offering five $500 sponsorship prizes to community groups or sports teams in the three Maritime Provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI). Prizes will be awarded by random draw and announced on social media and through other channels as soon as possible following June 30, 2018.
3. How to Enter:
a. Submit your entry on Weed Man Maritimes’ social media platforms – Facebook (Weed Man Maritimes) or Twitter (@WMMaritimes). Alternatively, you can email your contest entry to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Tell us the name of your organization or team, where you are located and, in 30 words or less, why you could use the $500 sponsorship to help your group or team. Include the hashtag #WeedManCares with your entry. A photo is not required but is strongly encouraged.
If your group has a Facebook or Twitter page or website, please share that too.
c. Only one entry per group or team. Multiple entries will not increase your chance of winning.
d. You do not have to be a Weed Man customer to enter the contest.
4. Rules: Detailed rules follow. AKA the “fine print”.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who reside in PEI, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick and who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The contest is only open to legal residents of Canada (specifically PEI, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Weed Man Maritimes (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Weed Man Maritimes, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about March 1, 2018 and ending June 30, 2018. All online entries must be received by ending June 30, 2018 11:59PM AST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry in the form of comment/reply in Facebook or Twitter and using the hashtag #WeedManCares directly related to the contest. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Weed Man Maritimes. You may enter only once per organization/group. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Weed Man Maritimes.
5. Prizes: Winners will receive one of five $500 prizes to be used towards their community team/group efforts for 2018. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial and municipal taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Weed Man Maritimes to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via social channel used to the Contest with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Weed Man Maritimes shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Weed Man Maritimes, anyone acting on behalf of Weed Man Maritimes, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Weed Man Maritimes reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Weed Man Maritimes may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Weed Man Maritimes. Weed Man Maritimes reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Weed Man Maritimes has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Weed Man Maritimes reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters or other methods of contact periodically from Weed Man Maritimes. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Weed Man Maritimes and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND NOVA SCOTIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Nova Scotia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Weed Man Maritimes, 44 Orion Court Dartmouth, NS B2Y 4W6 Canada.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Greenpoint East Lawn Care Inc. o/a Weed Man Maritimes, 44 Orion Court Dartmouth, NS B2Y 4W6 Canada.