With summer well underway, there are still lots of activities to go enjoy in Chilliwack and the Fraser Valley. So grab your family and friends and go check out some of the activities listed below.
- Party in the Park - Chilliwack's favourite downtown event is back with the final date on August 21st. Park fun starts around 5pm usually showcasing dance numbers by Chilliwack's top dance studios. Then the live music takes over to rock out into the night!
There is something fun to do for kids of all ages. Whether it's about crafting, listening to music, shopping or eating from various food trucks, Party in the Park has it all going on.
- Hope Brigade Days - Since 1969, the commemoration of the early pioneer days has taken place in the form of an annual festival known as Hope Brigade Days. Celebrated on the weekend after Labour Day in September, this festival has tons of great events such as: classic car show, big rig truck show, movie in the park, free public swim and a neon themed tween dance on the pool deck.
For more information and event times check out their website athttp://www.brigadedays.com
- Bands on the Beach - Brings together some of the best local musicians in the Fraser Valley to the shores off Harrison Lake for 2 days of great music. So on the weekend of September 5th and 6th head out to Harrison Hot Springs and get your groove on! The best part..... it's FREE!! So if you're looking for something fun to do on your last long weekend of the summer, this is the place for you.
- Agassiz Fall Fair & Corn Festival - Make your way to Agassiz September 18th and 19th and celebrate the 'Year of the Potato.' There will be no shortage of entertainment to keep you entertained throughout theday. They'll have attractions on the main stage, as well as midway rides, a kids zone, BMX bike demos, a logging show and the always entertaining lawnmower races. There will also be a large 4H section and hundreds of entries in the exhibit section. Don't miss out on one of the events of the season.
For more information check out their website at http://www.agassizfallfair.ca/
- Fraser Valley Culture and Craft Beer Festival - after 2 amazing sold out years, the Chilliwack Arts and Cultural Centre Society are thrilled to announce the return of this event which takes place September 26th. The festival includes the best of BC microbreweries, live music, silent auction and delicious food! Weed Man Chilliwack is a proud sponsor of the event this year and all the proceeds go towards supporting the arts here in Chilliwack. So come support the local community and donate to a worthy cause.
All the information on this great event can be found at http://www.chilliwackculturalcentre.ca/event/fraser-valley-culture-craft-beer-festival/ With no shortage of great things to do, make sure to grab family and friends and check out these events! Speaking of friends…"Your lawn has a new best friend" in Weed Man Chilliwack and we are always just a phone call away to help with any questions/concerns you may have regarding your lawn. With the unbelievable drought that we have endured this Spring/Summer, lawns have taking a beating. But don't you fret, because there is still hope! Call us today for a FREE lawn analysis, or go online to fill out our free quote form and we would be more than happy to come out and offer suggestions for bringing your lawn back to life for the Fall months ahead.