Sodded Lawn Tips
So, you just laid down new grass sod - now what? Newly sodded lawns require special attention and care to be sure it roots properly, and that means lots of water and a few simple steps.
- Immediately after the sod is laid, water deeply so water soaks down 15 to 20cm.
- Water early in the morning every 2-3 days until the sod has rooted.
- Once the sod has rooted, it can be treated, mowed and watered as you would an established lawn, described above.
- Limit foot traffic for the first 3-4 weeks, with the exception of mowing.
- Apply a slow-release high nitrogen granular fertilizer 3-4 weeks after sod is laid. Afterwards, continue with regular fertility treatments.
Of course, sodded lawns can run into issues, from insects to diseases to poor soil. Your local Weed Man Professional can diagnose which disease you have and which lawn care practices will assist in the recovery of your turf.